Folder Protector 5.7.4
Lock & Encrypt any folder in seconds. Password-protect all your USB devices.
- Extremely easy to use and straightforward Interface.
- Lock,Scramble and Encrypt Folder. Depending on the security level you need.
- Using the Strong protection technology that can effectively lock all your files.
- Protect your portable devices like USB flash disk and removable hard disk.
- Protected folder are totally hidden and undeletable, and totally inaccessible.
- I have forgotten my password, how can I get my files back?
If you are using v5.56 or older version:You can reset your passwory by Restore Center if you are a registered user. (But only folders protected with "Normal" security level can be restored. Even us won't be able to decrypt your folders that protected with "High" or "Highest" security level.)
- The “Lockdir.exe” in the protected folder have been deleted, What should I do now?
No problem. Just copy “Lockdir.exe” back to that folder. Run it and you can unprotect your folder.
- I got this message :"An error occured when trying to unprotect the folder. please try again later!" What should I do now?
The errer may be caused by the incorrect settings of NTFS. and it has been fixed on the new version. Please download the new verison to unprotect.
- Can I see the properties, size or number of the files protected?
No way. Protected files are totally locked and undeletable, unmovable and totally inaccessible.
- Who needs the software?
Everyone can benefit from Folder Protector. Everyone, from individuals to corporations, wants be reassured that their confidential information remains confidential. KaKa Folder Protector can provide that reassurance.
- Can I hide/lock/encrypt on any media?
Your source data can come from any media that you can read and write to: hard disk, floppy, flash memory, USB or Firewire portable drives, etc.
- Can I protect «.jpg» or «.exe» Files?
Yes. All file suffixes are accepted. No distinction is made between one file type and another, since all reads and writes are made in binary mode. A single encrypted file can contain encryptions from text, .jpg, .exe, .doc, .zip and/or anything else.
- What Are Folder Protector's Implementation Limits?
There is no limit to the size of files nor to the total number of files that may be lock/scramble/encrypt at one time.
- Is encryption secure? How Folder Protector works when encrypt files?
With Folder Protector encryption option, secret files are highly secure. It uses 256-bit Blowfish Encryption which is a highly secure method to protect sensitive files.
- Is locking secure? How Folder Protector works when locking files?
It uses three different locking methods to secure your files and folders, protecting files at kernel level, Windows Explorer level and (real) DOS Mode Level. However, it's less secure than encryption.
- Does it work on all disk types like FAT16, FAT32, NTFS & EFS?
Yes. Folder Protector support all kinds of disk types like FAT16, FAT32, NTFS; EFS.
- Does it work on Windows Vista/2003 Server/XP/2000/NT/Me/98?
Yes. KaKa Folder Protector can be used on Windows Vista/2003/XP/2000/NT/ME/98.
- What will I get after buying? What are the benefits of registering?
Registered users will get:
- No nag screens, no functionality limits.
- Life-time upgrades for FREE
- Life-time priority customer support.
- Feature requests will be welcome.
- If I purchase Folder Protector how long can I use it ?
Registered users of Folder Protector are immediately eligible for lifetime upgrades and support. Once you purchase Folder Protector you can use it for as long as you like and if a new version is released you can get that too. Nothing more to pay ever.
- I'm using the trial version. Will you answer my questions?
Yes. Our customer support is free for all our users. If you have questions or comments about Folder Protect, please contact us at email@example.com
- Are there any other translated versions?
If you want the program be translated in your language, simply email us and tell us whether you can help us translating the software in your language.