If you use Windows, you may know how to lock, and password protect folders in Windows 7/8/10? You can block important folders to prevent other accounts from accessing them if you are an administrator and have multiple accounts set up in Windows. But keep confidential and important files on your computer, you’d better use third-party software to encrypt folders on your Windows, because file encryption software can better protect your data.
Step 1. Run the program
- Download the program, and install it on the computer. Click the icon shown in the picture to add a folder you want to encrypt.
- Please enter a password in the blank, and retype it. Click on “Protect” to finish your protection with this directory lock.
Note: click the right arrow to extend the box, and remember to enter the recovery email to get back your password when you forget it.
How to unprotect your folders with Lockdir protection?
- If you want to unprotect the folder, you need to open the folder and double click on “Lockdir,” enter your password in the following window.
- Then select a proper unprotection mode. Next, click on “Unprotect” to open the folder.
- Virtual Drive: Data will be accessed in the virtual drive. They will not be extracted out so that data protection n will recover as soon as you close the window.
- Temporary: A restore window in your taskbar, so you can restore protection when you need it.
- Complete: Unprotect folder completely. If you want to restore protection, run Lockdir and enter new password to protect folder.
At present, many highly confidential data, including personal and official data, are usually stored directly in computer storage devices.
The security of data is of great significance to both individual and enterprise users. Once the data is lost, it sometimes means it can never be recovered. It will suffer considerable losses in terms of economy and privacy. Today, people can’t make mistakes with their private or confidential data. Therefore, folder encryption is today’s topic. Despite antivirus protection and online security procedures, the protection of confidential stored information is still indispensable.
To protect the data and information itself, you should consider applying Folder Protector to password protect the folder on Windows 7/8/10 to cut off the way of invasion of other people. You can choose one professional and effective software to lock files in your computer, so only you, the administrator, can access the protected files.