How to Password Protect SD Card on Windows?
SD cards are widely used in digital products memory storage filed. They are small in size and with a large storage volume to store mess photos and there media files. With all these advantages SD card seems to be perfect for carrying data, however, what if rampant data leaking and breach occurs? Maybe it is the right time for you to considering about protecting SD card.
There are countless SD card lockers on the Internet, and choosing one that is reliable and suitable among those tools is time consuming. Here with USB Security right beside your hand, you will be totally free from the annoyance of losing your valuable images or files in the SD card and no longer need to face the hard choice of selecting and trying.
USB Security is designed exclusively for USB data security issues including data breach, leaking and misuse of private files. SD card is an important member of USB storage family, to ensure SD card protection you’d better lock SD card and block any unauthorized access to data in it.
Download USB Security here and learn to encrypt SD card on Windows 7/Windows 8/XP step by step:
Step 1 Plug in SD Card and Run USB Security
To start to lock a SD card, get a USB SD card reader or directly plug it in to a computer with windows system. Then run the newly downloaded “USBSecurity.exe” program, select a drive to install it and then finish the installation.
Step 2 Input Password and Lock SD Card
Open your SD drive then run “USBSecurity.exe” program in it, enter your password and confirm it in the prompted window, if necessary you can also enter you password hint to help you remember the password.
Then click on “Protect” button to lock the SD drive.
How to Unlock the SD card on Windows 7/Windows 8/XP?
If you wish to unlock your SD card, open the SD card on a PC with Windows system, then you will find all your files in the card are hidden and there is only a file named “USBSecurity.exe”there, double click on it, enter your password in the blank box, then select an way to open it:
Open in virtual drive: open the disk in virtual drive and recover SD card protection as soon as you close the window.Unprotected this drive: open the drive permanently, when you close the window the protection will not recover,so that your data in the SD card then is open and unprotected, if you wish to encrypt SD card again, you need to run “USBSecurity.exe” program again abd set a new password.
- Apart from protect and lock SD card usb security is capable to encrypt all other kinds of portable USB storage devices, saying USB flash drive, pen drive, thumb drive, memory stick, memory card, HDD hard drive and so on.
- To ensure security of your data and documents, you cannot let other people know your password even you family member or closest friend.
- In everyday life, you’d better do not place your SD card in unsafe place such as a public area or some place within the reach of a children.
- USB Security is a 100% green ware and takes up little space in your drive with the strongest SD card protection.
- If you lock SD card with USB Security, please do not remove or delete the “USBSecurity.exe” program in your card, or you will fail to open your SD card.