FAQ of Kakasoft USB Security
1. Who needs USB Security?
All people who need use USB and other portable devices in either local PC, LAN, Network or public places. You might share PC with other users in the same computer and forget unplug your USB drive. You might check emails or process job files in a coffee or airport waiting room. You might lose your USB drive with important, private or sensitive data. This USB disk security program will secure USB and prevent data leaking and unauthorized access to your USB drives and all other portable devices.
2. I have forgotten my Password. How can I get it back?
Notice:There isn't any "backdoor" in USB Security. if you have forgotten your password,YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO UNPROTECT YOUR USB DRIVES. Please make sure that you remember your password at ALL times or keep it in a safe place.
3. What should I do to open my protected USB drive?
Simply launch the program from your protected USB drive and input your password to unprotect it. USB Security offers you two different methods to access your protected data.
Open in Virtual Drive: Access your data in a virtual drive without extracting it to USB drive.
Unprotect this Drive: Unprotect your data permanently.
4. Someone deleted USBSecure.exe from my drive, how can I unprotect it now?
Simply download the USB Security from our website. Run the setup again and install the program on your USB flash drive in which you have protected your data and then unprotect your data by entering correct password.
5. Can I password protect any portable drives?
Yes. This USB Security software allows you to protect any media that you can read and write to: USB drive, Flash drive, thumb drive, jump drive, memory card, memory stick, external hard disk, floppy, Firewire portable drives, etc.
6. Is it possible to disable the AutoPlay feature? How?
Yes. Run the program and enter your password, click 'Options' where you find two options: 1. Enable Autoplay for This Device 2.Execute USB Secure on Auto play. To disable Auto play feature unchecked these boxes and click 'Apply' to finish.
7. How can I change password?
You can change your password any time you want. Simply Click 'Options' and you will see a password set filed, simply enter your previously set password and then set and confirm a new password. To finish click 'Apply'.
8. Does it work on Windows 7/Vista/2003/XP/2000 etc.?
Yes. It is compatible with Windows 7/Vista/2003/XP/2000,32&64 bit.
9. Is USB Security free or a Shareware?
It is shareware but free download and trial is available. You can evaluate most features without paying.
10. Can I buy USB Security without first trying the evaluation version?
We strongly recommend you to try USB Security first before purchasing. We don't need your money as much as we need your satisfaction. If you are happy with it, then pay us and register.
11. What will I get after buying? What are the benefits of registering?
Registered users will get full license uses of the program, no functionality limits. And we provide 24*7 life-time priority customer support for every registered user.
12. How many licenses must a single-user buy for multiple USB drives?
A single-user license allows the program to be run on ONE USB drive only.
13. Can I buy an academic license? Or a site license?
Yes, we offer special discount licenses for all types of organizations and academic institutions.
14. I'm using the trial version. Will you answer my questions?
Yes. We offer 24*7 free customer support for all our users. If you have questions or comments about USB Security, free free to contact us via email@example.com .
15. How can I suggest a new feature for the future releases?
We give high priority to our customers' suggestions for future versions of our software. If you have a feature request, be sure your copy is registered and free to send us an email.
16. What will happen to my data if I upgrade to a newer version?
Do not worry about upgrade. All your data and settings are reserved after each upgrade. And usually upgrades are free for registered users.
Back to Kakasoft USB Disc Security